Burning 400-900 calories in a 55-minute class, indoor cylcing is one the most efficient cardio, high-calorie burning exercises around. Cycling is desgined to accommodate all fitness levels and provides a challenge and benefits – both physical and mental – to all who participate.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling:
- Excellent Fat Burner
- Increases Leg Strength
- Aids Cardiovascular System
- Improves Posture
- Reduces Risk of Injury
- Weather Proof – no rain delays!
- Mental clarity – music pumps you up, clears your mind
Indoor Cycling – Know Before You Go
Fit On’s indoor cycling studio has Schwinn bikes with weighted flywheels and adjustable seats. They also come equipped with a gear knob to adjust the intensity of your workout. Come a few minutes early to adjust your bike according to your height. Set the saddle to your hip level to ensure your knees are not bent or locked straight when peddling. And, don’t force yourself, especially if it’s your first time.
What to Wear/Bring:
- Tennis shoes are fine
- Cycling shoes with SPD or LOOK clips work well with our bikes
- Bring a small towel & water – burning 400-900 calories comes with some sweat!
- Wear tighter fitting clothes – no need to buy a cycling-specific outfit
To learn more, check out our Know Before You Go video.